As the Summer season starts to fade away and Fall eases into place very soon, it is time now to be reflective and think about what I love about the season we are approaching. With that being said, here are my top 10 Fall likes.
1) Leaves changing colors.
2) Soup Time-I love so many types but my favorite is definitely potato soup.
3) Hot chocolate and hot tea. I have both year round but more often, naturally, as the weather changes.
4) My wedding anniversary. We were married in October because I love this time of year so much.
5) Fall festivals and pumpkin picking. A great time to gather friends and family and head off to one on a beautiful weekend. Age is not a factor.
6) Blankets and curling up with a good book on a chilly day.
7) Baking-I am not a big baker but I love to whip up breads or cookies at this time. My goal is to attempt some baking with apples this year. Any great recipes to recommend?
8) Winery trip/tour-I love the landscape that wineries provide. Such beauty in simple settings. You can be educated on varieties of wine and the production process. A picnic lunch at one of them tops off the day with family and friends.
9) Crafting-My need to do so kicks into high gear. Homemade Christmas gifts are on tap this year.
10) Thanksgiving-The feeling of being grateful for all of the blessings in my life. My children have also expressed to me how this is a favorite holiday because of the emphasis on family.
I am interested in knowing do you have any great fall recipes to share? Soups, breads, or cookies? Also, what would be on your top 10 Fall likes?
Feel free to comment.